Two years ago, Chicago AMA leadership began the process of evaluating our brand strategy. The process involved market research studies, the development of a new value proposition, key supporting messages, a revised tagline and new logo in coordination with Chicago AMA’s Agency of Record, All Terrain. Be sure to explore our new brand narrative and values described below.
In addition to the development of a whole new identity for the Chicago AMA brand, we just launched a new, dynamic website, designed by our website partner, Mindful Mix.
The following timeline gives a good understanding of how large an undertaking these projects were for the Chicago AMA, a primarily volunteer run organization.
- Fall 2011 – Chicago AMA Board sets strategic goal for evaluating the organization’s brand
- Spring 2012 – Mission and goals for branding analysis and brand project defined
- Spring 2012 – 1st Step – Market Research
- Competitive landscape analysis
- Brand analysis survey conducted
- Name recognition of organization
- Value proposition
- Summer 2012 – Branding task force determined and has first meeting and meets throughout 2012. Team members included: Tara Giuliano, Darcy Schuller, Michael Long, Paul Stark, Cheryl Moe, Paula Kapacinskas, Lisa Edwards, and Ellen Albright
- Winter 2012 – Key Messaging and supporting taglines developed by task force proposed to Board and tested with focus groups
- Spring 2013 – Branding RFP conducted
- Summer 2013 – All Terrain selected Chicago AMA agency of record
- Fall 2013 – All Terrain works with task force to finesse tagline and messaging
- Fall 2013 – Mindful Mix selected as preferred partner for new website
- Winter 2013 – Spring 2014 – Logo and brand look developed
- March 5, 2014 – New look and new website unveiled
NEW BRAND MESSAGING
Over seventy-five years strong, the Chicago AMA delivers cutting-edge marketing programming, connects marketers across all disciplines and business industries, and enables marketing career advancement. With Chicago as an epicenter for marketing excellence today and tomorrow, no other organization connects as many marketers with as many opportunities as the Chicago AMA.
CHICAGO AMA IS:
A Chapter of the American Marketing Association
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
Comprised of approximately 1,100 members
Governed by a board of 21 members
Supported by over 100 volunteers annually
Connected to over 10,000 marketers annually
Key Supporting Messaging
|Chicago AMA keeps you a step ahead with more than 50 multi–faceted programs and events annually.Thought–leading content with real–world application delivered by C-level marketing leaders across intimate roundtables, full-day conferences and convenient online webinars provides you the “know how” to thrive in the ever-changing landscape in both B2C & B2B industries.|
Engage, connect, and establish relationships with thousands of marketers across all disciplines, industries and career levels locally and nationally.
No other organization opens more doors to share ideas, finds new opportunities, business partners or mentors others than the Chicago AMA.
Get real one-on-one dialogue among power players & peers. Get inspired and more motivated through the abundance of opportunities available with Chicago AMA.
Get inspired and more motivated through the abundance of opportunities available with Chicago AMA.
Gain hands-on experience, tackle new marketing challenges as a chapter volunteer, share thought leadership, or leverage a plethora of career insights.
Find your next career opportunity like many others through Chicago AMA.
For an overview of all the great features of our new website, please take our virtual Slideshare tour here.