Marketer of the Year
Honoring the best of the best.
AMA Chicago’s Marketer of the Year award recognizes the professionals leading their brands forward. With our city as a hub for marketing’s creative minds at brands of all sizes, the award honors the most outstanding marketer in a competitive field.
Nominations for 2023 are open through August 15, 2023.
Nominees must be based in the Chicagoland area, though their employer does not need to be local. Nominees’ current responsibilities must focus on the branding, marketing, and communications aspects of their company’s brand. Please note that this opportunity is for in-house marketers, not agencies, though agencies are welcome to nominate their clients.
Nomination entries are $100 each. Submissions are open May 15 to August 15, 2023. The Marketer of the Year award will be presented at CMO Forum in October in Chicago.
Nominations will include the nominee’s LinkedIn profile and a short narrative (300-1,000 words). The narrative should address three categories of criteria: Strategy, Results, Vision & Leadership. The nominee needs to have completed the work outlined in the narrative within the last 12-18 months.
The below questions are guidelines for the narrative; they do not need to be answered individually.
- Has the candidate achieved breakthroughs and advances in organizing and planning?
- Has the candidate developed unique methodologies?
- Has the candidate shown effective collaboration inside the organization as well as with outside partners?
- Has the candidate successfully implemented creative approaches to solving marketing and communication problems?
- Has the candidate progressed the face of the industry?
- Has the candidate employed effective methods of measurement?
- Has the candidate’s work helped their organization achieve both short- and long-term goals?
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Has the candidate’s work helped advance or transform their organization or the field of marketing?
- Has the candidate shown thought leadership by speaking and writing on marketing?
- Has the candidate been recognized by others in the field for their work?
- How has the candidate given back to the Chicagoland community?
2022 Winner: Meghan Hurley
Meghan Hurley is the 2022 Marketer of the Year! As the Global VP of Brand for Claire’s, Meghan Hurley leads a multi-functional team and drives the company’s narrative through an aggressive turnaround, supporting a large rebranding effort.
Learn more about Meghan below.
About Meghan Hurley
As the Global VP of Brand for Claire’s, Meghan Hurley leads a multi-functional team and drives the company’s narrative through an aggressive turnaround, supporting a large rebranding effort.
Before her role at Claire’s, Meghan worked at Farmer’s Fridge, building their marketing department to address rapid expansion into new markets and channels. She launched performance marketing in 2020 paving the way for growth in ecommerce.
She previously worked at Trunk Club, leading brand strategy. Earlier in her career, Meghan worked in marketing across a number of food and retail companies. She has a diverse background across retail, CPG and wholesale with a specific focus on premium brands, including Whole Foods Market and Peet’s Coffee. Within those roles Meghan developed extensive knowledge in brand strategy, market expansion, and product development and innovation. She graduated from the University of Illinois and earned an MBA from Loyola University, Quinlan School of Business.