21 global brand experts confirmed to critique entries across 8 categories
The 2020 BrandSmart Awards will recognize the brand marketing industry’s most inspiring work from the previous year. The jury of 21 judges which will make those selections represent a diverse range of top talent from global brands, industry thought leaders, platforms and publishers. They include:
- Corinne Aaron, Head of Marketing – EMEA at Tesla
- Kymberlie Adams, Director, Social Media & Member Communications at ASPCA
- Dana Anderson, Chief Transformation Officer at MediaLink
- Julie Booth, SVP, Head of US Content & Social – Global Consumer Marketing at Citi
- Derek Britton, Global Communications Director at Freeman Company
- Jeff Buchan, Head of Global Industry Relations at Google
- Tom Carusona, Chief Marketing Officer at Insomnia Cookies
- Kim Feil, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer at Aspire Healthy Energy Drinks
- Amisha Gandhi, Vice President, Influencer Marketing at SAP
- Mayur Gupta, Chief Marketing Officer at Freshly
- Nathalie Lam, Global Head of Sponsorships at Philips
- Sayo Martin, Vice President, Brand Strategy at Teach for America
- Molly McKenna Jandrain, Senior Director, Public Relations & Brand Engagement at McDonald’s
- Matt Moog, Chief Executive Officer at PowerReviews
- Stephanie Moritz, Chief Communications Officer at American Dental Association
- Amanda Puck, Director of Strategic Brand Development at Mariano’s
- Paul M. Rand, Vice President of Communications at University of Chicago
- Brandon Rhoten, Chief Marketing Officer at Potbelly Sandwich Works
- Ryan Saghir, Director, Integrated Marketing at Sabra Dipping Company
- Lauren Weinberg, Global Head of Marketing at Square
- Rick Wion, Senior Director, Consumer Engagement at Kellogg Company
“This year our judging panel represents some of the most innovative minds in brand marketing from across the country and around the globe,” says Harvey Morris, 2020 BrandSmart Awards Chair. “Winning a BrandSmart Award means your marketing campaign met our criteria for showing creativity while delivering business results. Only campaigns that meet this standard are worthy of winning ‘The Golden Ratio.’”
The judges will critique each brand marketing campaign on creativity, thought leadership, execution, and measurable results. Winners will be announced at the BrandSmart Awards ceremony on April 22, 2020, during the luncheon of the 18th Annual BrandSmart conference at the UIC Forum. The BrandSmart conference, presented by AMA Chicago, is the longest-running brand marketing conference in the United States.
Past BrandSmart Awards winners include Accenture, Alzheimer’s Association, Barilla America, Choose Chicago, Essendant, Hillshire Brands, Hyatt Hotels, McDonald’s USA, MillerCoors, Mondelez International and Walgreens.
“What these winning campaigns have in common is the ability to demonstrate incomparable creativity while delivering measurable results that move the brand forward in meaningful ways,” says Morris.
BrandSmart Awards Guidelines
The 2020 BrandSmart Awards categories include:
- BRAND INTRODUCTION AWARD
- BRAND MOMENTUM AWARD
- BRAND ENGAGEMENT AWARD
- INTEGRATED MARKETING AWARD
- BRAND ADVOCACY AWARD
- CAUSE MARKETING AWARD
- INFLUENCER MARKETING AWARD
- BRAND INNOVATION AWARD
Campaigns that ran between January 1, 2019, and January 31, 2020, are eligible to enter. The early bird entry deadline is January 31 and the final deadline for all entries is March 10, 2020.
All gold-level winners in each category will automatically be entered to compete for the Grand Champion Award, recognizing the overall best-in-show entry. Competition updates and materials, including the official Entry Guidelines Kit (PDF), are available at brandsmartawards.org.
About BrandSmart Awards
The BrandSmart Awards began in 2009 as a recognition of the brand marketing industry’s most inspiring work. Inspired by the Golden Ratio, BrandSmart Awards celebrate the powerful relationship between beauty and measurement – the marriage of creativity and results. For more details, visit brandsmartawards.org
About AMA Chicago
AMA Chicago, the largest chapter in the American Marketing Association’s global network, stands an incredible 81 years strong. Its mission is to provide ongoing development opportunities for Chicago marketers to expand their knowledge, improve their skills and grow in their careers through access to innovative marketing thought leaders and cutting-edge programming. Learn more about us.